Parker & Co invites applications for the position of an Office Manager or Paralegal based at their City of London office
Full-time position – Competitive salary, dependent on skills and level of experience
Parker & Co is a boutique firm of solicitors specialising in advising both employers and employees on all aspects of employment law and business immigration. We also advise on partnership disputes, including disputes arising on exit and allegations of discriminatory treatment. The size of the firm allows us to interact closely with clients and to offer a bespoke and personalised service. Our employer clients include asset management firms, accountancy firms, solicitors firms, insurance companies and charities. We also act for many employees, particularly in the City such as traders, bankers and solicitors in relation to discrimination, unfair dismissal, whistleblowing, bonus and breach of contract claims.
The Office Manager / Paralegal position is a critical part of our close-knit team. As a highly motivated individual, the role is to support the solicitors in the general operation of the firm, including the following responsibilities:
- Litigation support
- Maintain case files
- Assist with disclosure and general case management
- Preparation and indexing of hearing bundles
- Assist with the preparation of witness statements [Paralegal Only]
- Drafting instructions to Counsel [Paralegal Only]
- Attend conferences with Counsel and hearings [Paralegal Only]
- Legal support
- Undertake legal research
- Attend client meetings
- Drafting, reviewing and amending legal documents and correspondence
- File management
- Cover fee-earner emails when out of office
- Know-how and practice management
- Prepare know-how briefings for fee-earners [Paralegal Only]
- Assist with website content [Paralegal Only]
- Attend courses and lectures
- Book courses for fee-earners
- Liaise with SRA
- Support with Practicing Certificate renewal process
- Assist with annual diversity reporting
- Maintain any required compliance files
- Financial management
- Billing and credit control
- Bank reconciliation
- Processing incoming and outgoing payments
- Assist with quarterly VAT submission
- Liaise with accountants
- Office management
- First point of contact with clients
- File opening and management
- Maintain holiday schedule and diaries
- Liaise with suppliers (journals, legal texts, stationery, IT, communications, confidential waste)
- Responding to queries
- Educated to GCE A Level standard required.
- 2 years or more experience in a personal assistant/legal assistant/paralegal position required for Office Manager role.
- Associates or Bachelor's degree and/or Paralegal certification required for Paralegal role.
- Experience with employment or business immigration law preferred.
- Communication - Ability to communicate clearly and accurately both verbally and in writing.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office systems (word, outlook, excel), legal management systems/billing software, etc.
- Technology savvy but with an ability to work across digital and printed materials.
- Organisation/Planning - must be able to professionally create schedules, manage multiple priorities and have an eye for details.
- Legal knowledge - Knowledge of a variety of legal documentation.
- Organised and Detail Oriented – Shows a high level of care for the quality of the work and the accuracy of detailed information.
- Flexible – Able to manage multiple priorities and respond quickly/positively to shifting demands and opportunities; ability to work under tight deadlines;
- Team Oriented – Prefers working in a team environment. Establishes and maintains good working relationships. Willing to help others and share knowledge and expertise.
- Professional – Communicates and behaves in a way that reflects positively on the firm and creates a good client experience.
- Can be trusted to handle confidential information discreetly.
All applicants must be able to work in the UK or be able to gain permission to work in the UK.
Interested applicants should submit a CV and covering letter to: